- Safety Councils provide Wood County Employers with quality programs addressing occupational safety and health, workers’ compensation and risk management education and information.
- Attend monthly safety meeting and learn about various safety topics and requirements to assists your company in creating a safer work environment.
- Reduces potential injuries and their associated cost.
- Networking with other members to assist in creating a safer work environment.
- Learn about safety standards, programs, policies, and practice from experienced safety professionals.
- Joining the WCSC enables Wood County Employers easier access to the BWC Rebate Program
- Employers not in a group rating program that meet all program eligibility requirements also can
earn a 2 % participation rebate for meeting all of the rebate eligibility requirements and a 2 % performance bonus for reducing either frequency or severity of injuries by 10 % or by maintaining zero injuries.
- Group-experience-rating program employers who meet rebate eligibility requirements can earn a 2 % performance bonus rebate only.
- Group-retrospective-rating program employers who meet rebate eligibility requirements can earn a 2 % participation rebate only.
The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers and state agencies. Restrictions apply to employers in a Professional Employer Organization.
- To qualify for the fiscal year rebate, you must enroll in the Wood County Safety Council by July 31
of the current program year, but you can enroll in the Wood County Safety Council at any time.
-Annual membership fees: 1-100 Employees $50.00; 101+ Employees $100.00 (Subject to change.)
-Monthly Meetings: 1st Tuesday of the Month; 7:30a-9a; Wood County Hospital Meeting Rooms
- Annual Safety Awards
In conjunction with the Division of Safety & Hygiene, the safety councils present safety awards to safety council members throughout Ohio to promote greater interest in the prevention of occupational accidents and safety. Members with the highest safety records are honored at an annual award event.